Monday 25 July 2011

Lots and Lots of Cake... Beginning with Easy Cupcakes

Righty so it was my 21st birthday last week and in honour of this momentous event I begun my celebrations with a civilised tea party. This naturally entailed one thing on my part - the baking of plenty of cake! I decided to keep things simple and bake old favourites instead to trying to mix things up so I ended up with a cake stand of assorted small & large, chocolate and regular vanilla cupcakes,  a carrot cake with butter icing (which was my 'birthday cake') and a cherry variation on my gluten free almond cake which I call bakewell tart cake.

I am going to begin by setting out the easiest recipe for making plain sponge cupcakes ever


Super-dooper Easy Cupcake Recipe


Preheat your oven to 170C
1) Weigh your eggs in their shells (2 eggs = about 12 cupcakes)
2) Weigh out the same quantity of butter, sugar & self-raising flour
3) add baking powder (about 1tsp per 2 eggs) & vanilla essence
4) Mix well & transfer into cupcake cases (fill your cases to about 1/2 to 3/4 full, no more otherwise you will end up with overflowing or hard to ice cakes.

Bake until the top of the cakes are golden brown and spring back to touch. Simples!

For Chocolate Cupcakes chop some milk chocolate into chunks & add it to the mix with a couple of tablespoons of coco powder... Chocolatey Goodness....

They were iced quite late the night before the party so they are not particularly beautifully done, but for those who want to know they are topped with butter icing and decorated with a selection of chocolate flakes, coco powder, hundreds and thousands and  some nifty little cake toppers which they sold in sainsbury's which i thought were rather sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment